Comment & Moderation Policy
Our site includes features that allow users to interact with each other through Facebook and through comments on stories on the site. These features are intended to create a community where you can share your thoughts on what you’ve read on baltimorebrew.com. While we reserve the right to monitor user postings, it is up to our users to ensure that the discourse on baltimorebrew.com remains polite and informative.
Baltimore Brew is a moderated site that encourages the free and open exchange of ideas in a climate of mutual respect. We reserve the right – but do not assume any obligation – to delete or withhold the publication of comments that violate our standards. Comments that are obscene, libelous or defamatory, or include vicious personal attacks will not be published. Comments or images that are racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise offensive will not be published. Disgusting stuff, blatant commercial self-promotion – you get the idea – if it crosses our line, we’re not going to run it.
First and foremost, we ask that you treat other site users with respect. Language and content should be appropriate for a civil, adult conversation. Please respect the rights of others to their opinions; understand that there may be many other sides to every story. If you see something on the site that you believe is inaccurate, or about which you hold a different opinion, feel free to post a comment in response.
By participating in discussions or posting to baltimorebrew.com, you agree that you will not:
- Use the site to impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Use the site to engage in or to instigate or encourage others to engage in illegal activities or to cause injury or damage to any person or entity;
- Use the site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, libelous, obscene, or pornographic content;
- Use the site to post or transmit any information or content that violates or infringes the rights of others, including information or content that invades the privacy or violates the right of publicity of any person or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, without permission;
- Use the site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind;
- Gather for marketing purposes any email address or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the site;
- Engage in personal attacks, harass or threaten another user, or deliberately disrupt the conversation; or
- Use any automated mechanism to collect information from our site in any manner that fails to respect the Robots Exclusion Protocol.